The Project Manager role drives all aspects of project activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all RoundTower and Customer business segments. Manages project scope, defines work plan, resource needs, timeline and deliverables for RoundTower directed projects. The Project Manager manages project resources to complete project on time and within budget. Keeps project team and RoundTower leadership updated as to project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables for completeness.
Summary of essential job functions
- Drives the development and execution of the project plan by working with the project team to define, sequence and estimate duration of project activities and duration of schedule to meet project objectives.
- Ensures adherence to RoundTower’s standards, processes and policies for all projects.
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including scope, requirements gathering, project planning, change control and status reporting.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project issues and risks.
- Provides weekly project status updates via RoundTower CRM tool to include:
- Overall status indicator (red, yellow, green)
- Schedule activities with resource assignment and estimated completion dates
- Percent complete, based on resource effort, estimated vs. expended
- High level summary of project issues
- Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
Career Level Criteria
- Understands and applies the principles, concepts, theories and standards of PMI Project Management.
- Possesses a broad working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing MS Project and PMI processes in the management of project activities.
- Ability to present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Assists with the development and implementation of process documentation.
- 6-8 years of relevant Project Management experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- Good understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques
- Good ability to manage change and engage team members
- Good ability to provide direction and leadership to others
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or
- Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience