Consulting Systems Engineer, Data Protection
The Sr. Consulting Engineer, Data Protection (DPCE), is responsible for providing exemplary pre-sales support to the sales team. The DPCE is the key technical influencer when it comes to Data Protection opportunities. The DPCE must be able to demonstrate the value of a proposed solution to the customer’s technical/business decision makers as well as the would-be product administrator. The DPCE must be proactive and be able to work individually as well as collaborate with Account Executives, Principal Engineers, Project Management and Service Delivery. The DPCE will assist with driving new business, executing complex POC, conducting Data Protection assessments, estimating implementation Level of Effort, preparing implementation Statements of Work and architecting Data Protection solutions using products from a variety of manufacturers including but not limited to EMC, Veritas, Veeam, Unitrends, and CommVault. The DPCE must keep current on industry advancements in Data Protection and will be required to achieve industry recognized certifications.
- 8+ years of Data Protection experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in pre-sales
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Established track record of success in pre-sales
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Data Protection industry recognized certifications
- Experience with Cloud based Data Protection strategies
- Experience conducting MiTrends backup assessments
- Implementation experience with Data Protection products
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time; mostly regional travel.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training