Data Protection Delivery
RoundTower Technologies is a premier Systems Integrator focused on Data Center Infrastructure and Consulting. Recently ranked by Inc. Magazines one of the fastest growing privately held IT companies in the US, we are currently looking for an experienced Senior Data Protection Engineer with Backup and DR Technology Experience to join our team. This position will play an integral role in our continued growth and expansion throughout the US. At RoundTower, you'll enjoy a flexible work environment, along with an emphasis on support, training & development, as well as a strong work-life balance.
- Provide exceptional education, assessment, design, integration, documentation, and support services to our customers as a full time employee
- Work collaboratively with project managers, account managers, and customers in successfully planning, coordinating, delivering and closing IT projects.
- Ability to deploy EMC Data Protection Products
- Networker, Avamar, Datadomain
- Ability to deploy EMC Data Protection Software Products
- DD Boost, CloudBoost, Data Protection Adviser
- Cisco and Brocade SAN switches
- Experience with EMC RecoverPoint, SRDF. Open Replicator, VPlex
- Experience preforming complex backup solution implementations installing clients for: Vmware, SQL, Hyper-V, Oracle and Unix\Linux
- Experience with Netbackup products
- Experience with Veeam, Rubrik or other virtual back up products
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Documenting procedures and changes related to design, installation, and support.
- Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle complex problems effectively. Identify key issues and generates multiple solutions.
- Understand client needs, identify root causes of problems, and develop and implement creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Create as-built documentation and provide knowledge transfer to customers upon completion of the installation and configuration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-6 years EMC Backup Products\DPS
- 4-6 years experience with troubleshooting back up client implementations
- Operating Systems understanding and its relationship with data protection - (VMware, Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Solid understanding of EMC business continuity\data recovery products
- Backup/Replication/DR Understanding and its relationship with SAN Storage – (Symantec NetBackup, VMware Backup, SNAPs/Clones)
- Understanding of industry wide back up policy standards
- Database Understanding and its relationship with backups
- Knowledge of industry data protection productions and capability’s
- Ability to travel up to 50%