The Project Management Office (PMO) Director is responsible for planning, directing and ensuring the successful management of designated business solutions utilizing the complete resources of the PMO and assigned project management teams. The PMO Director sets direction, provides leadership and coordinates the activities of the Project Management Office. The Director provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing project and program management methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice; to help ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. The PMO Director maintains excellent communications with upper management to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the PMO.
The PMO Director is also responsible for coordinating status reporting for projects as well as IS resource/capital consumption. The PMO Director will be responsible for developing personnel, driving continual improvement and identifying key performance indicators.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and oversees effective management of all projects under the responsibilities of the PMO.
- Defines and develops enterprise-wide IS project management practices, governance standards, processes, and metrics.
- Helps develops and/or enforce formal criteria for evaluating, prioritizing, selecting and approving projects.
- Ensures projects are defined, tracked, managed and communicated in a consistent and effective manner.
- Partners with IT and Business leadership, as well as other key stakeholders, to define opportunities to identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (ROI, productivity, compliance, etc.)
- Analyzes the impact to the portfolio of changes in existing programs/projects and the inclusion of new projects, and identifies strategies (project sequencing, resource allocations) for accomplishing the desired programs/projects.
- Reports and tracks against defined program/project KPI’s.
- Responsible for the selection, training, professional development and evaluation of the PMO management team.
- Oversees periodic reviews of key programs and projects, monitors their progress and provides updates to leadership.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience with at least 5 years in a senior project manager/program manager capacity required
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership capacity required.
- Demonstrated skills in relationship building, negotiation, conflict resolution, and project management of IS projects having a medium to high degree of complexity required.
- Experience managing project/program portfolios and implementing project management methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills. This individual must be comfortable with professionally challenging key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional execution of project communications plans is a must.
- Experience managing project/program managers in a PMO environment
- 3+ years on Data Center & Infrastructure Technology Projects.
- Proven people, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to adapt
- Ability to develop people